OutCasting Monthly Newsletters
Most recent first!
All OutCasting OffAir/Overtime features can be heard here.
If you're not on the list and want to be, just CLICK HERE to sign up!
- July 1
- new broadcast episode: Part 1 of our interview with Professor Karla Jay, author and longtime activist, about the Stonewall uprising
- OutCasting Overtime: Alex considers his "gay voice"
- Video: Alex speaks at the Gilbert Baker memorial rally on June 14
- June 1
- May 1
- new broadcast episode: Part 1 of a 2 part interview with Gilbert Baker, longtime activist and creator of the rainbow flag, who died unexpected just a month after we recorded our interview. Part 2 of the interview will be released on June 1.
- OutCaster Alex, who conducted the interview, shares his remembrance in the May 1 edition of OutCasting Overtime (formerly OutCasting OffAir).
- April 1
- OutCasting OffAir: a comment on queerbaiting, the potentially harmful practice by some in the entertainment media of luring LGBTQ viewers into thinking some characters may be LGBTQ and then dispelling it by putting the characters in straight relationships and denying that the characters were ever LGBTQ
- the unexpected death of Gilbert Baker, creator of the rainbow flag
- March 21 —new broadcast episode connecting gay youth with LGBTQ history — a conversation with Christopher Z. Hobson, English professor and gay elder.
- March — OutCasting OffAir: the Women's Marches and their connection to the LGBTQ rights movement; upcoming broadcast episode featuring interview with gay elder Chris Hobson; new article in PrideSource about OutCasting's MSU Bureau.
- February — OutCasting OffAir: how to be a good straight ally; also, the possibility that the new administration will enact the ferociously anti-LGBTQ "First Amendment Defense Act"
- January — OutCasting OffAir discussion about lesbian "compulsory heterosexuality"